Thursday, January 06, 2005

Who Will Take The West Wing

So I was watching my favorite show 'The West Wing' tonight and one of the main storylines this season is the presidential election between Jimmy Smits as a democrat and Alan Alda as a republican. At first I thought they might let Alda win because maybe it would open up some new stories and different points of view. They portray him as a smart, honest, moderate conservative so it wouldn't be a far right point of view.
Tonight, though, I noticed that Smits is in the credits while Alda is not. There was also a scene that had him having an intimate conversation with his wife. I'm pretty much convinced he's gonna win now. Between the character development and billing, they put his name at the end like they used to do with Martin Sheen, I think it's pretty clear who's going to win.
Of course, I could be always be wrong. =)
The Sport's Illustrated Swimsuit Model Search also premiered tonight. Finally, a reality show that drops all the pretenses and just concentrates on hot chicks in very small bikinis.

2 comments:

Blonde Justice said...

I just don't understand how they're going to keep the show going after Martin Sheen is gone. I mean, I realize that apparently they are, but I just don't get it.

Stopher said...

Did you see the episode with Alan Alda. He's a viable replacement and he's carried a very successful series in the past. Of course, in my post I said it looks like they're going with Smits. Maybe they'll go with a whole younger Kennedy-like camelot theme.