Monday, May 02, 2005

Beware the AOL Instant Messenger Trojan

Well it's been a while since I've posted, but I saw something interesting today I wanted to write about. Whilst I was goofing off on my computer I received an IM from my cousin Kara with a link that said, "Check this out." Looks like a website. I notice she's idle so she's probably not using her computer. I click the link and it's some kind of executable called funnypics.com. I didn't run it but I saved it and scanned it but my free AVG anti virus didn't recognize it.
My other cousin said he got the same message from her and was immediately suspicious as well. I'm pretty sure it has to be a new Trojan that works through AOL's instant messenger. I'm sure we'll see this one on the news within a day or so. How long before this technique hits the other messengers. I told my other cousin this is the family IQ test.

No comments: